Most Popular

Friday, October 3, 2008

FAQ - INTERNET BANKING

Q. I have received my user name but no password?
A. Please go to trouble login in at www . onlinesbi . com and user id and password not received option. Please give the branch name (5 digit) and account number (11 digit) for which you have not received user id and password.

Q. I am not able to login with the user name and password received from bank?
A. - user id and password are case sensitive i.e. capital and small letters are different here.
- SBI provided user name and passwords are for one time usage only.

Q. What should I do after logging in?
A. When you log in for the first time, the system will prompt you to change your username and password. Username can be alpha-numeric and maximum 20 characters. Your password should be minimum 8 characters and maximum 20 characters. It should have alpha-numeric and at least one special character.

Q. I am getting message "invalid userid and password combination"?
A. This could be due to wrong userid password combination used by you. Please note user id and password are case sensitive. e.g. ROHIT, rohit and Rohit are different here. Your password should be minimum 8 characters and maximum 20 characters. It should have alpha-numeric and at least one special character e.g. Rohit*618

Q. I have forgotten my login password?
A. Please go to trouble logging in and forgot password option. If you know correct username and profile password, duplicate password will be dispatched at your registered address.
If you do not know your profile password, reference number will be generated. Please download duplicate password form and submit it to your branch along with your reference number.

Q. I want to change my user name?
A. User name cannot be changed by the customer or branch. Please ask your branch to register you again.

Q. I want to change my login password?
A. Please go to profile and change login password option.

Q. I do not know my profile password?
A. Please note profile password is not given by the bank. It is given by the customer and it can be alpha-numeric or alpha-numeric with special character.

Q. I have forgotten my profile password?
A. Please go to profile and forgot profile password option and download a duplicate profile form and submit it to your branch along with the reference number. Branch will reset your profile password. Next time when you go to profile and any of the options it will ask you to give a new profile password and confirm it.

Q. I get the message you do not have any account?
A. This is because your branch has not yet activated your account. Please contact your branch for giving flag 9 to your account.

Q. I am viewing some one else's account accounts?
A. Please get in touch with your branch and ask them to remove wrong account and add your correct account.

Q. I have some more accounts which are not visible?
A. Please ask your branch to add your other accounts to your user name by going to option add account to user.

Q. I have accounts in some other branch?
A. Please check from the list of branches at onlinesbi.com if it is internet enabled. Then download registration form and send it to your branch.

Q. I want to change my address or update my email address?
A. For change of address please write to your branch, as database is still available at your branch.

Q. I have problem with my ATM /Debit card?
A. Please contact your branch or write to sbicashplus @ vsnl . net or call 1600 112211.

Q. I want to pay my bills online?
A. Please go to bill payment option and select a biller. You can only add those billers which are there in the list. You can schedule your payment or can give autopay option. Please note you will be able to view and pay your bill from next cycle.

Q. I want to pay sbicard bill?
A. Please go to bill payment and register sbicard as biller .You can pay bill immediately. You will not be able to view sbicard bill online. For that please go to www . sbicard . com

Q. I want to purchase train tickets online?
A. Register yourself at irctc.co.in and then book your ticket and pay through onlinesbi.com.

Q. I want to request for a Cheque Book?
A. Please go to requests and cheque book option. You can either collect it from branch or ask them to send it by post or courier. It will be sent at your registered address.

Q. I want to have internet banking facility for my Corporate Account?
A. Please download corporate registration form and submit it to your branch. Please apply under Corporate account-Khata, vyapar or vistar option.

Q. I have received my Debit card and password but unable to login?
A. This could be due to data not being received at web centre, please try again.

Q. I have ordered a draft but it has not yet reached destination?
A. Please note the draft cannot be delivered to third party. It can only be dispatched at your registered address. Please contact your branch for more details.

Q. What will be the charges for a draft?
A. You will pay usual draft charges plus courier charges. For more details contact your branch.

Q. I am getting the message that you do not have any account?
A. This is because your branch has not yet activated your account.Please contact your branch for giving flag 9 to your account.

Q. I want to send some message to my branch?
A. Please write to your branch for branch specific issues.

Q. I cannot see interest credited in my account?
A. Interest is paid every year in July and January in savings account.

Q. I want to know the latest interest rates?
A. Please visit www. statebankofindia .com for rates and other information.

Q. I want to Link my accounts with other branches of SBI?
A. Please apply for fresh user id and password for that account by downloading registration form and sending it to your branch. Then you can link both the accounts by going to profile and link account option.

Q. I want to give nomination for my account?
A. Please download nomination form and send it to your branch. Branch has to update this record.

Q. I have given nomination but it shows no nomination?
A. This is because your branch has not updated this information at your branch.Please contact or write to your branch for updation of this information.

Q. I want to know about NRI schemes?
A. Please visit statebankofindia.com or write to your branch or write to sbinri @ vsnl.com

Q. I cannot view or credit in my PPF account?
A. Please ask your branch to add your PPF account then you can view the account online. Please also ask your branch to give you transaction rights. Please go to transactions and credit to PPF account option.

Q. My name is wrongly spelt in onlinesbi?
A. Please go to profile and correct the spelling or the way you want your name to appear on the web page.

Q. My name is wrongly spelt in my PPF account?
A. For correction in PPF account name, please contact your branch.

Q. I have defined my PPF account but it is still not visible?
A. Define PPF account option is for those branches where PPF accounts are not. You cannot view such accounts online. To know more, please contact your branch.

Q. I am getting the message that Security certificate has expired?
A. Please check the date of your system, it may not be correct.

Q. How do I register for SMS alert?
A. Please go to SMS alert and give the mobile number then go to manage alert option and define alerts. For removing alert,please go to SMS alert and manage alerts and remove alert option. There are no charges for sending SMS from bank side.

Q. I want to download Statement of my account?
A. Please go to enquiry and statement of account.You can only view six months data on web.

Q. I am unable to renew my STDR online?
A. Please ask your branch to give transaction rights for your STDR also, Then you can give renewal instructions online.For specific issues please write to your branch.

Q. I am unable to do fund transfer?
A. This is because your branch has not given you transaction rights.Please ask or write to your branch to give you transaction rights.

Q. I am viewing old balance in my account?
A. This could be due to two reasons :
- Due to some technical problem data from this branch is not coming. It may take some time to rectify the problem.
- Due to technical problem data for your account has not been received at web centre, please ask your branch to resend data for your account.

Q. I want to do third Party transfer?
A. Please go to profile and declare the account as third party account. Also define the limit for fund transfer and third party transfer. Now go to transactions and third party option to do the transaction.

Q. What is the limit for draft issue and third party transfer?
A. The limit is for draft issue as well as third party transfer is Rs.50000/- on net. Between two of your accounts it can be unlimited.

8 comments:

default said...

Dear sir,

i am applied for SBI PO through online . while entering my name i
entered with spelling mistake please tell me how to modify it ? i
think it create problem during exam. So please sir help me out.

my full name- Neelima Verma
(written in SBI form Neeelima Verma,one E more in neelima spelling)
my registration no. 3231373.
email id- neelima.btech30@gmail.com

sir please help me its related to my future. Rply me as soon as possible

Anonymous said...

@neelima:plz contact to ur branch of
bank...

Anonymous said...

Why does SBI revokes my transaction rights now & then??

Anonymous said...

The worst internet banking service in country...

for any small service request it says please contact your branch...
Online banking is to avoid bank visits.
moreover SBI branches are over crowded and staff is not professional and skilled which affects the service level further.

I got my online banking kit. which said plz login after one day to active the account. I tried for four days and finally went to the bank(Contact the bank). It took 3 hours to activate the account due to the crowd and lack of knowledge to employee of the branch.

After coming home I found that transaction rights are not given to the online account, even though I mentioned yes in the registration form submitted.

Moreover My PPF account is not linked to the Saving account eventhough I mentioned this saving bank account as asked by employee while opening PPF account.

Finally the window is not user friendly and I dont like the condition of please contact your branch each time I want some service to be added to my online account.

The experience with other banks is very good while using online account, SBI being largest bank we expect good service.

Anyways cant avoid this bank as well as PPF account is only available in SBI and post office which offers worse service than SBI.

ICICI now offers PPF accounts in very limited number of branches. Now I am thinking I should have waited for couple of month and opened PPF in ICICI after reaching mumbai.

Unknown said...

Sir
Recently i have applied for internet banking to my sbi branch .....after few days i get an envelope of sbi thrgh speed post...but i recieve only password not user name...... then what should i do ??
Suggest me plz
Thanking you

digiHOMELOAN said...

Thank you so much for sharing. Keep updating your blog. It will very useful to the many users SBI Home Loan | Housing Loan in Bangalore

Rohit Khamkar said...

Thanks for sharing this information. Would you like to get more information visit here best quick loan app

Rahul Das said...

Thank you for sharing such a piece of great information. To get best offers and deals. Click here to know more bank account